Nathan McSweeney, who opened in the first three Tests with little success, has been dropped.
Faf du Plessis pointed out that they were missing out on their best players due to the Kolpak deal.
The Prime Minister's XI team will be led by uncapped all-rounder Jack Edwards of New South Wales.
Konstas heads home but not out of Test team's plans
Australia are already without another regular all-rounder in Cameron Green, who was ruled out of the India series after opting to have surgery on a stress fracture in his lumbar spine.
Former Australia Test skipper Tim Paine labelled the SCG pitch as an "absolute disgrace" which was produced for the Sheffield Shield match between New South Wales and Tasmania.
Australian Sam Konstas is devising plans to tackle the world's most destructive fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah
All the 10 teams are involved in a lot of back and forth with their overseas recruits over their arrival plans in India a day after the IPL announced the revised schedule following necessary security clearances from the government.
ECB should offer BCCI minority ownership in Hundred to attract Indian players: Lancashire CEO
Australia spinner Stephen O'Keefe has been fined A$20,000 (12,041.42 pounds) and banned from a domestic one-day tournament after making 'highly inappropriate comments' while under the influence of alcohol, Cricket Australia said on Friday.
Australian skipper Pat Cummins had a special message for the 19-year-old debutant Sam Kontas, urging the batter to enjoy being a part of the Boxing Day Test, and not overthink it.
Australia all-rounder Cameron Green will miss the home Test series against India in a blow for the hosts after opting for surgery on a stress fracture in his lumbar spine.
Smith, who has played just four Twenty20 internationals for Australia since the start of 2023, went unsold at the Indian Premier League auction held in December last year.
'He's got a pretty good record against Indian batsmen (123 wickets in 28 Tests versus India).' 'In India too he has a great record (56 wickets in 11 Tests in India), that is a pretty good record against a country that traditionally plays spin very well.'
England bowling coach Chris Silverwood has been named the head coach of the men's team replacing Australia's Trevor Bayliss, the England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) said on Monday.
The opening day was washed out by rain on Thursday and there will be no extra day tagged on, meaning that the series decider is effectively now a three-day Test.
Selectors will likely opt for another batter to cover for all-rounder Green in the India series and possibly an opener if Steve Smith is restored to the number four spot.
Australia head coach Andrew McDonald believes the absence of Mohammed Shami during the marquee Border Gavaskar Trophy next month is a huge loss for India.
Hazlewood's inclusion is the only change to the home side who will look to take a 2-1 lead in the five-Test series.
The debate over the vacant slot at the top of the Australia batting order continues to captivate the nation's sports media a month before the opening clash in a blockbuster five-Test series against India.
Beau Webster is just the second player in the Sheffield Shield competition's 132-year history to score more than 900 runs and take 30 wickets in a season. The legendary Gary Sobers was the first to achieve the feat.
Australian batter Will Pucovski suffered a nasty blow on his head and had to be substituted while playing for Victoria in a Sheffield Shield match against Tasmania in Hobart on Sunday.
The push for a two-tier system gained traction following Australia's blockbuster series against India, which set attendance records.
The meet and greet session was actually a platform for all the like-minded cricket boards to pledge their support for the 'Hybrid Model' to the new ICC chair.
The brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has been taken into custody by counter-terrorism police
Five years after USA Cricket shared its plans to launch a domestic T20 tournament, the inaugural edition of the MLC kicked off having assembled an impressive array of investors.
Shakib, who is considered the greatest cricketer Bangladesh has produced, could not be immediately reached for comment.
Sri Lanka cricketer Danushka Gunathilaka, who was with the national squad for T20 World Cup in Australia, has been arrested on charges of sexual assault, team sources said on Sunday.
Pacer Stuart Clarke was on Thursday ruled of Australia's Test tour to South Africa after he failed to recover from an elbow injury. Cricket Australia's National Selection Panel (NSP) said it would like to give further time to Clark, who underwent surgery six weeks ago to remove bone spurs from his right elbow, to recover from his injury and therefore he will not be considered for selection for the upcoming Test tour of South Africa.
Phillip Hughes' demise will haunt the cricket world for years and to get over the tragedy the New South Wales cricket association did something unique by destroying the ball that fatally struck the young Australian during a Sheffield Shield match at the SCG last year.
The IPL franchises are now expanding their bouquet of teams across leagues in the West Indies, UAE, South Africa and now the US is another untapped market that wasn't explored despite the Asian diaspora craving for some cricket.
Currently, India leads the World Test Championships table with Australia in second place.
Cricket fans were at their creative best as they sported some cool face masks on Day 1 of the third Test between Australia and India at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Thursday.
Hard-hitting middle-order batsman David Miller has quit first-class cricket in a bid to concentrate on his limited-overs game ahead of next year's World Cup in England and Wales.
Australia's Steve Smith wants to adopt a proactive approach against Ravichandran Ashwin in the upcoming Border-Gavaskar Trophy.
Afridi stated that the team is looking to spoil Warner's farewell series
As Western Australia, Queensland and Tasmania closed their borders to South Australia on Monday, the country's cricket board on Tuesday got down to figure a way to get Australian white-ball, Test match and Australia A squads into Sydney to ensure the upcoming fixtures of the 300 million dollars season remain unaffected.
The report said that the expansion to 10 teams would happen in the next five years and "the likeliest locations are the south-west, in Bristol and Taunton, and the north-east, at Durham".
Flintoff will take charge in October, overseeing their tour of South Africa, followed by a red-ball series in Australia in January and a summer series against India A and Zimbabwe on home soil.
Third Test will be played in front of a crowd of some 10,000 to allow social distancing in a ground that can hold 48,00